General terms and conditions of attendance
- Children and young people whose mother or father is a Swiss national are entitled to take part. The participant must reside abroad.
- Conditions for taking part in the programme: your personal motivation and that you are independent, broad-minded and willing to fit in with a group.
- For the duration of the stay, parents agree to entrust their child to the care of the Organisation.
- Children under 15 can only take part in one offer per season.
- Registrations will be taken into account in order of arrival on a first-come basis.
- On reception of the registration a confirmation will be sent so that the travel arrangements to Switzerland can be organized in good time. The cost of the journey to Switzerland is covered by the participants. Children (under 15) taking part in the FYSA camp generally meet up at the Zurich airport. Young people (over 15) usually travel to the camp individually.
- On certain grounds, the Organisation of the Swiss Abroad is entitled to cancel activities up to 6 weeks before the event.
- Payment of participation costs must be made prior to the trip.
- Cancellation charges are as follows:
After the registration and up to the registration deadline = CHF 50.-.
After the registration deadline and up to four weeks before the programme = 20% of the total programme cost; 27-14 days before the programme = 50% of the total programme cost; 13-0 days before the programme = 80% of the total programme cost. The participant leaving the programme early will not be given a refund.
- Children under 15 are insured against accidents in the camps (Europeans only subsidiarily). For the programmes for young people optional accident insurance taken out before the camp is available for CHF 25.- per week. Costs incurred by sickness or damage to property are covered by the participant's own health or liability insurance. We therefore recommend you arrange for suitable international insurance.
- Children's camps are totally drug free! When you apply to join one of the OSA youth offers, you accept our Commitment which will be sent to you with the programme documents. Please read it carefully.
Young people may be sent home if they violate this pledge.
- Grants: Limited support is available within the framework of the OSA and the FYSA for funding financially weaker participants. You can obtain the application form here.
- All legal matters arising hereunder come within the area of jurisdiction of, and will be settled before, a competent Bern court. Law applicable is Swiss law.
We may take the liberty of using photographs of children's and youth activities to illustrate our sites www.aso.ch, www.swisscommunity.org and for various OSA printed material.